Monday, January 12, 2009

January 2009 Meeting


We had a wonderful beginning to our new year as a club. Pat made delicious curry, Michelle brought bread and Kathryn supplied the rice. I, of course, provided cupcakes. We visited and talked about our creative goals. Many goddesses are using this year to really focus on creativity rather than the business of crafting. I am going to start a creative book group of sorts. I'll pick a project from a book or magazine and then everyone will work on it for the month. Projects are due at the end of the month. Post your results to your blog with a link back to this blog. Be sure to leave a comment on the challenge post too, so that we can all come and see how you did. I'll be trying to get some of the authors to guest blog for the challenges and I'll try to get some prizes going too. I'll post January's challenge very soon. Anyone can play along-you don't have to be a member of our club.

The Goddesses are also going to reimplement our tradition of teaching each other new techniques this year. In February, Pat will show the club how to make fabric yo-yos. I'm pretty excited about it. It's an easy technique (I'm told), but I would love to see it done in person. That always makes things easier.

No comments: